Friday, May 22, 2009

God Has A Plan...

In the authoritative voice of a man anointed by God, Jeremiah spoke of judgment for Israel but he also spoke of promise. After pronouncing the terrible captivity that was to come he proceeded to share in Jeremiah 29:11 that the Lord had declared "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This afternoon this scripture was prompted to my mind out of the blue and God spoke to my heart as only he can. The thought was simple but powerful, "I have a plan for you!"

God has a plan for me. He has a plan for you as well. And his plan, the prophet reminded us, is to prosper us, not to harm us. His plan is to give us hope and a future. I don't know about you but I am excited today by the simple yet profound knowledge that God has a plan and a purpose for me!

I know what you're thinking. So what's new? I've known all along that God had a plan for me. I've known all along that God was directing my paths. Yes, me too. But there' something about that sudden confirmation that can only come from a heavenly experience. There's something about realizing that God knows right where I am and He has a plan for my life.

His plan may lead through some difficult valleys, his plan may take me through some turbulent storms, but his plan is for my good. His plan is to give me hope and a future. His plan is taking me where I truly need to go. It is this simple knowledge that gives the ability to trust the Lord and walk where he leads.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, David said, I know that you are with me! There's something about knowing that God is with you, that makes even the most difficult of places a comfort to the soul instead of a terror to the flesh. Pardon me if it's too elementary for you, but I just want to celebrate the fact, today, that God has a plan for me!

God has a plan. That's good enough for me. Lead on, precious Lord. Where you lead, I'll gladly follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment